• Announcements

• TC is OPEN   10/26/15

Tarnished Coast is currently at HIGH population and is OPEN for transfers.
    • Reset is at 10pm EDT!   11/11/16

Reset is now 1 hour later due to daylight savings @ 10pm EDT / 9pm CDT / 7pm PDT!
    • Coast Council Meeting w/Server Meeting After   03/31/17

Coast Council will meet Sundays 8:30pm EDT, (Monday 12:30 UTC game time) with short Server Meeting following at 9:30 pm EDT

For those Toasters that remember what we stood for.

24 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

image.thumb.jpeg.cf8cf89942b2def9b829d77

Remember when we sold these shirts that showcased the amazing community, and server pride we have. We're bringing it back the server pride one day at a time!! Keep it up TC. Every Guild on this shirt represents your server's history. Honor it.

Edited by Dethroat
15 people slapped this yak

Posted

Props to the guilds on this list that are still kicking it for TC. Props to the newbies that develop server pride and lastly #ZzZzRevival2016Plz 

1 person slapped this yak

Posted

and lastly #ZzZzRevival2016Plz 

I would love to see a ZzZz revival. Most of the members are scattered around on different servers so it's unlikely. Some of my favorite times playing GW2 were zerg busting and playing zombies at the opponents north camp with that group. We had some great drivers in that guild. Fun times.

That shirt brings back lots of memories.

Posted

So many guilds i remember.... so many disbanded and reformed and disbanded and reformed. Only a handful remain today.   The Memories are strong with this one . 

2 people slapped this yak

Posted

Well [WAR] is back under the banner of [HOPE], so we are bringing back some old blood and bringing some new! Whenever you see myself, Dethroat, Hrom, or Cylas roaming about. Hit us up! Let's bring TC back to it's former self and show the new blood how we roll!

3 people slapped this yak

Posted (edited)

image.thumb.jpeg.cf8cf89942b2def9b829d77

Remember when we sold these shirts that showcased the amazing community, and server pride we have. We're bringing it back the server pride one day at a time!! Keep it up TC. Every Guild on this shirt represents your server's history. Honor it.

cern/esp/militia old school pride, never forget

Edited by Tristam Green
3 people slapped this yak

Posted (edited)

Props to the guilds on this list that are still kicking it for TC. Props to the newbies that develop server pride and lastly #ZzZzRevival2016Plz 

Kaeleth ragequit. 

Charrban had a baby.

And Tsunami got interrupted dropping a banner for Nghtlight again.

So RIP ZzZz. 

And a partridge in a pear treeeee.

Also wow, Silver Moon [MOON] was my first real TC guild, that brings back some memories, holy shit.

Edited by Apocolyte
7 people slapped this yak

Posted

The Willie Nelson version didn't seem to fit WvW, so we're goin with this:

Posted (edited)

xTyr... My first guild. Sunny and Atalanta and Esta... Esta inviting me to join when I was wandering without a guild tag doing map completion and started following them to get badges for my gift of battle... Sunny teaching me the dungeon paths and arranging and carrying me through the Twilight Arbor paths for my Howler. Daily CoF runs. "One more path" before coming to raid. "I'll come, but I'm not running that boring staff build from the forum." Ata inviting me to Arah paths even though I wasn't good at them...

*Sniff* I'm xTyring up...

Edited by Thelgar

Posted

RIP to most of those guilds.

Posted (edited)

dat yung EP

pretty sure 2 or more EP guys still own that shirt, I know at least Oltouch does

Shame it doesn't feature [Yumm] though, the great Sea of Men. They didn't trickle, they came in waves.

Edited by Netheria

Posted

Oh wow ... ex RE member here before we formed up with Trax's guild under STUN. All those guild names bring back some good memories. So much variety, so much fun. 

Posted

Still have the shirt :) 

Posted

I don't remember exactly when this shirt came out, but my original guild was TSF. JOY was a bank guild in the beginning, TC born. I also remember us being that small group of guys who would flip towers and keeps but not say anything, things just flipped for no reason. Now when we flip something, we'd claim it for the +5 supplies and everyone will know it was JOY who did the flipping.  But before, as soon as we flipped a Keep, we'd disappear into thin air. 

Yeah, those were the good times when TC guilds actually worked together and they didn't chess thumped too much. When TC drivers (some, not all) didn't call everyone cancer. When TC commanders (some, not all) didn't say everyone was using too much siege. 

Yeah, I'll admit, it's not secret, I still keep a close eye on TC. Not as close as some of you may think, but every now and then I take a look to see what's going on.

P.S. I noticed Rosi left the server. She's the only one defending TCBL when no one else does, tags up when no one else does. JOY killed her many many times, but respect to her dedication and perseverance. 

6 people slapped this yak

Posted

TC can continue being a server that works together, and has been building itself back up towards that. This week has been a sign of that momentum.

Things might tip one way or another, but regardless of hardships past and present, regardless of the difficulties that people might face, those who stay, persevere, and do the hard work of building bridges and working together deserve merit. Kudos to those who continue to volunteer their time and don't give up supporting TC.

While there are numerous differences between now and when that T-shirt was made, a major difference now compared to back then is that we are finally breaking the cycle of petty disputes and civil wars by opening up communication and making significant progress. TC remains committed, and unlike other servers TC is the only server that does not completely falter.

4 people slapped this yak

Posted

I feel the thread has now been delivered into this:

Guitar Solo!

Posted (edited)

Oh god the feels!  So many feels!  That's my guild on that shirt!  I want one :'-3

ETA: I've been in several of those guilds, actually, and the rest I remember.  Thank you for posting. 

Edited by Soliyra

Posted

It's nice to see WL on that, it was certainly an early iteration of WL of which only a few players remain active in the game.

The game and server is very different from back then though, got to move forward, embrace the new way, and learn from the lessons of past experience.

Posted

It's nice to see WL on that, it was certainly an early iteration of WL of which only a few players remain active in the game.

The game and server is very different from back then though, got to move forward, embrace the new way, and learn from the lessons of past experience.

Last night I saw some WL tags, I had no idea you guys were still around! It's just amazing to see some of the old names kicking on strong still to this day. It's a welcoming site!

Posted

Does anyone have a link to this shirt on cafepress still???? Found a fellow TCer on Facebook and we were talking about it.

Posted

I found 3 links in the gw2 forums but none of them are working atm. It may be they are no longer any good or maybe my internet is just being flaky (which has been the case most of the day)

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/product2.aspx?number=839594847

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/product2.aspx?number=839383384

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/product2.aspx?number=839753821

Posted

nope :( ty for looking though <3

Posted

Hmmm. I designed that shirt.

Well looky there. Luckily, I had my account and pw stored and they actually had the items in there still.

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/product2.aspx?number=924881132

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/product2.aspx?number=918506498

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/product2.aspx?number=918500834

Posted (edited)

Oooh thank you! 

How I just need to find that Facebook post again lol

Edited by Missy