• Announcements

• TC is OPEN   10/27/15

Tarnished Coast is currently at VERY HIGH population and is OPEN for transfers.
    • Reset is at 9pm EST!   11/11/16

Reset is now 1 hour earlier due to daylight savings @ 9pm EST / 8pm CST / 6pm PST!

The "Verification is Not Working" Thread

38 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Greetings everyone,

If you've followed the instructions for verification, and you're still not verified (as in your forum rank shows "Member" and not "Verified TC"), please reply here. I'll be looking at these issues over the weekend. Before posting, make sure of these things:

• Are you using an old API key? Try a new one.
  • GW2 Account IDs are CASE SENSITIVE. That means caps are important.
  • If you've checked these things, signed out and in again and you're still not verified, please reply here and I will check your key manually to see if it is valid.
Edited by Ryvalia

Posted

I'm unable to get verified and can't find the problem.  I've tried an old api and new one but am still a "member".  Double checked my account ID and everything seems fine.  Not sure what I'm missing.

Posted

DId you sign out and back in again?

I was having the same issue and then realized I completely skipped over that part.

Posted

I'm unable to get verified and can't find the problem.  I've tried an old api and new one but am still a "member".  Double checked my account ID and everything seems fine.  Not sure what I'm missing.

I checked your API key and your account name starts with a capital "S". Fix your account name in your profile and relog to the site.

Posted

Thank you.  I was pretty sure the problem was on my side, I just couldn't see where.

1 person slapped this yak

Posted

Can someone re-post the link to the Anet API number generator site?

Can't seem to find it again.

Posted

Perhaps a "Sign Out" button would make things easier, or a pointer in the How To Register post?  It took me a bit of fiddling to figure out that logging off was not the same as signing out, and then a bit longer to figure out how to actually sign out.

Posted

Perhaps a "Sign Out" button would make things easier, or a pointer in the How To Register post?  It took me a bit of fiddling to figure out that logging off was not the same as signing out, and then a bit longer to figure out how to actually sign out.

Thanks for that, I'm editing my log out words to "signed out". As for a button, I'll look into that, but the sign out action also pushes a bunch of code about your session so I'll have to figure out if that is doable.

Posted

I did the verification steps two weeks ago, but I'm still not verified. :)

Posted

Never mind I got it working! :)

Posted

Tried verifying with a new API and signed out and in but can't view the teamspeak information it just gives me a error code so assuming the verify didn't work.  Any help is appreciated :)

Posted

Tried verifying with a new API and signed out and in but can't view the teamspeak information it just gives me a error code so assuming the verify didn't work.  Any help is appreciated :)

@InnocentFreya, you are missing your GW2 account name in your profile. The forum needs both the API key and the GW2 account ID filled in order to verify.

Also, GW2's API and servers are having some issues right now, so it could be that too.

Posted

@Ryvalia thanks, I've updated that and will just keep trying until it hopefully works.

Posted

Have entered my api key and account name but can't seem to get verified, I tried this back in october as well with no success.  Help please?

Posted (edited)

Have entered my api key and account name but can't seem to get verified, I tried this back in october as well with no success.  Help please?

Hi Polly,

I have manually checked your key and you are verified. Remember that the last step for forum verification is to fully sign out of the forums and sign in again. Since I've manually verified you now, there is no need to do so.

Edited by Ryvalia

Posted (edited)

I did all these steps several times over and I'm still not verified. I made new api's and everything.

Nevermind I got it. Lol, was using my email and not my account name haha.

Edited by justinbrom

Posted

I am unable to see any forums outside the basic set, nor the shout box. I tried saving the key again, re copying the key again. Not sure what is wrong.

Posted

try logging out and logging back in

Posted

I did, three times.

Posted

Cleared internet cache and tried again... worked? but that shouldn't matter......

Posted (edited)

Account name and API all correct.

Signed out and back in. Still no change in verification? Not really sure what the difference is as it's not stated.

Edited by Atros

Posted

Account name and API all correct.

Signed out and back in. Still no change in verification? Not really sure what the difference is as it's not stated.

Your rank shows up as "Verified Coast" (under your name in posts and your profile), so you should be all set.

Posted

Your rank shows up as "Verified Coast" (under your name in posts and your profile), so you should be all set.

Would be good to have that part added in the instructions post-verification. Still, good that it worked.

Posted

Would be good to have that part added in the instructions post-verification. Still, good that it worked.

Thanks, I just edited the top post so it notes this now.