• Announcements

• TC is OPEN   10/27/15

Tarnished Coast is currently at HIGH population and is OPEN for transfers.
    • Reset is at 10pm EDT!   11/11/16

Reset is now 1 hour later due to daylight savings @ 10pm EDT / 9pm CDT / 7pm PDT!

wvw [ODIN] Valkyrja Söngur

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

70Zz519h.jpg?1

About The Guild

Overview: Valkyrja Söngur [ODIN] is a Tarnished Coast guild focused on having fun while getting things done. The guild name translates as “Valkyrie Song” from the Old Norse Valkyrja meaning "chooser of the slain". ODIN is often described as "a casual guild for non-casual players" and welcomes players of all levels of skill and commitment to come and play in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Started in 2014 to counteract the burnout incurred by the strain of Season 2, ODIN has continued to provide a home for skilled players who want something different from their more regimented and demanding guilds as well as a home for new players who can learn and grow while having fun. Most ODIN members are involved with other guilds. In fact we encourage this as it provides a fuller experience (you have five guild slots for a reason!) and we don't intend to restrict you to one guild or one play style.  Most of our guild members play with us because we, simply, enjoy the game and the people we play it with.  

Current Guild Events

Guild Raid: Currently Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8:00 Central U.S. time, 1:00 AM Server time.  Expect a whisper with a reminder and Borderlands info about 15 minutes before the start of the raid. We also will occasionally run a reset, either as a havoc group or as a support group. This will be announced in the guild message of the day.  

Guild Mission: Prior to raids on Wed or Thurs we may run the occasional guild mission. This is based on player interest level and are quick and dirty, "get'er done" events. Often this is done in WvW so it works out

Guild Special Events: From the start,  ODIN has been known for their "special event" raids in which we all choose a specific class or two to run together.  Again, that is a "to be announced" event.

Other (PvE, PvP, etc): Many of our members are excellent PvP players and that may also be on the agenda.  If player interest is there we will do dungeons, fractals and the occasional jump puzzle. 

We welcome ideas for raids and events. See Guild Contacts below for more information.

Core Values

Fun: We want to have fun within the constraints of a community of gamers who are diverse and distinctive.  Gaming for many is a way of getting away from “real life” and having a good time with others. This guild was created to have fun when playing with others in a more focused and organized group. Communication helps in that goal. Mumble or TS is highly encouraged and, as usual, you don't have to talk, but you should really listen in (think of all the witty banter you would miss out on if you didn't!). We are not the type of guild where you will be screamed at or “whipped into shape” when running with us, but to accomplish things you will be expected to listen to a group leader or driver. If you are inexperienced in WvW, that is perfectly all right, we'll catch you up to speed as long as you're willing to listen. We will try and teach you what we know, learn from you, and have a lot of laughs. We are primarily WvW oriented, but we do run dungeons and other events (see above) and we have numerous officers with significant experience in the PvE and PVP arenas as well. 

We do not have a representation policy (there is a reason ANET gave us 5 guild slots!) and we like that you are members of other guilds because, of course, we will benefit from all the things you learn from them!  We raid at least 8 times per month scheduled, more unscheduled as well. Of course we'd really like you to be there, and hope you show up every once in a while. As we make it fun for you, we know you will come back.

Respect: In order to have the aforementioned fun, we ask that you respect each other and all members of the ODIN and Tarnished Coast community. Friendly bantering is fine (and encouraged). However, while we may banter, joke, tease, and be “edgy,” some comments and words that would commonly be considered offensive will not be accepted  (i.e. racial slurs of any kind, sexist, or homophobic comments, serious abusive insults, etc.). These things do not add anything to the game or the community. We do expect that if something makes you uncomfortable, you will speak up about it honestly (private whispers to an officer are perfectly fine), but do not keep it to backroom whispers or turn it into unnecessary guild drama when it can be resolved. Note however that this IS an adult guild and there will be racy and coarse topics at times (please don’t bring children into our chat room).

We also ask that you do not offend, discriminate, or disrespect other guilds or opponents in-game, at least when running raids with us. Please no provocational "emotes" of any kind such as "teabaging" a dead invader, "laughing" at a dead invader, "trolling" with siege blueprints, etc. We expect you will be generally respectful of other commanders when they are leading as well, it is an often thankless position and although you may not agree with them or choose to follow them we are all on the same team.  Please don’t stab people in the back, don't try and scam the community, don’t use hacks, etc. Be aware that your actions while wearing our guild tag represent our guild, so please also refrain from griefing and flaming in public channels (feel free to tell people how downright awesome we are though). We realize that sometimes things can get heated, we are as competitive as the next person, but try not to be "that" person! 

Adaptability and Self-sufficiency: Members should be willing to adapt to new situations and feel able to make suggestions.  If you think you know of a better build or a better way of doing something, We Want To Hear From You!  You can play the class and build you want. We may ask for volunteers to run a particular class or build that is needed, or suggest more tankiness or offense or stability, etc.  However this will never be mandatory.   As well, it is fine to ask for help if you have a question, that is what guildies are for!  We like teaching others about the game and what we know and we like learning from others as well.  In addition there are many websites out there that specialize in all things Guild Wars that can answer your questions.  We may direct you to them.  However, Beggars (aka asking for gold) will be fed to Geri and Freki, the resident wolves, grrrr.

Guild Contacts

If we sound like a good fit for you, feel free to contact any of these people either here on the forum or in game about joining us for a test run or about getting a guild invite:

Á O R F L O (Phlogistn.7893)

Or any of the officers

Orthoptera.8142 
Osprey The Just.8654

Barstoolprophet.1792
HeeHaw.7164

Apachai.9475 

Now awful it is to be without,
as blood-red rack races overhead;
is the welkin gory with warriors' blood
as we Valkyries war-songs chanted
 d04xn21m.jpg?1
Edited by ClarityFlo
3 people slapped this yak

Posted

I am interested. Message me in game please.

Posted

Great fun on Reset All!  

2 people slapped this yak

Posted

I'm not saying every night with ODIN is this serious. Just most. Many? Often. Definitely often. Come just us. Leave your inhibitions behind the filing cabinet and carry along a penchant for misplacing your pants halfway through the night. 

That could just be me. 

phantom-menace-04.jpg

4 people slapped this yak

Posted

So many new players and so much fun lately. Just glad to be on TC in an awesome guild playing with fun people and other great guilds! 

1 person slapped this yak

Posted

We are currently running on Wednesday and Thursday nights. our raids are 99% of the time open raids. please feel free to just join in, jump into our TS channel and enjoy fun and casual WvW with some definitely not-casual, experienced and helpful players. adults only though, I swear a lot :P

Posted

It was good chatting with you guys again this week. You've all done a great job with the guild while I've been gone.

Posted

We are currently running on Wednesday and Thursday nights. our raids are 99% of the time open raids. please feel free to just join in, jump into our TS channel and enjoy fun and casual WvW with some definitely not-casual, experienced and helpful players. adults only though, I swear a lot

working on my swearing...I swear!

Posted

I would like to join this guild. I have minimal experience in WvW, but it's my endgame. Message or invite fcpack.2640.

Posted (edited)

Welcome Ravington!  Thank you Freyja for taking care of this as well! :)  

Should be I LOVE MY OFFICERS! But it is all I could find :P

Zom5ksU.gif

Edited by ClarityFlo

Posted

Is this a recruiting drive?   It looks it!

Please feel free to invite MrQuillen.3014 when you are able.  In the meantime I will look for the names listed above in game as soon as I return from taking these two dogs for a walk.

Enjoying my time on Tarnished Coast, but wow is it lonely in my bank guild with just me, myself, and I :)

Posted

That was quick.  Thank you for the speedy response!

Posted (edited)

Is this a recruiting drive?   It looks it!

Please feel free to invite MrQuillen.3014 when you are able.  In the meantime I will look for the names listed above in game as soon as I return from taking these two dogs for a walk.

Enjoying my time on Tarnished Coast, but wow is it lonely in my bank guild with just me, myself, and I

ha! it wasn't :) but it is now?!? 

Edited by ClarityFlo